New review by Monarch Magazine



http://monarchmagazine.weebly.com/aegri-somnia-ad-augusta-per-angusta-symbol-of-domination-united-by-chaos.html#.WrDNdb8mzlI.facebook


Wow, this band is a nice surprise for me. The duo originates from Spain and instruments they used for the recording of the album could fulfill the whole national orchestra if they only were lucky to gather such amount of musicians all together. Even if album is inspired by domestic Iberian folk music and its culture, at first, I thought they are rooted in Middle West, so Arabic music came to mind, or maybe Russia because eventually, they sound like that at some points. I never thought that there is a thin line between Spanish folk and music from other countries or is it just my imagination plays a tricks on me (?).

The album highlights are majestic vocals of Cristina without the shadow of doubt. Her voice is very heart-warming, delightful, pleasant and melodic at the same time. Just wonder, if it`s popular music and the songs are known in Spain then why I haven’t` heard any of them before while I am European? I must say that I have started to really appreciate those tracks after second spine of the CD because on the album all vocals sound  really professional, irresistible and make all difference in plus. In music, there is a lot of programming, samplers, synthesizers which do not sound organic as they need to be because in specific genre as folk, the music have to live and pulse its own life which is not always happening in this album on mixing and mastering level. I however would not worry about that because they put some nice acoustic guitars here, elements of black and pagan metal mixed with electronic music do a lot of good for folk rhythms played on rare instruments. Everything sound quite original on this album and it is a best choice and alternative against extreme metal albums I have at the moment but of course, I need balance of both.

Definitely, check this super amazing album and the band out!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario